Red Flags and Blue Lights- Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- The book's small, portable size makes it ideal for reference in any practice setting.
- Presents information in an accessible, at-a-glance format.
- The unique red flag hierarchy assists with clinical reasoning.
- Index of Suspicion highlights the most likely conditions indicated by specific red flags.
- Discussion of 3D thinking encourages clinicians to look beyond immediate symptoms to find the underlying cause of a problem.
- Discussion of red herrings describes how to approach indicators that may mislead a diagnosis.
- Information on the concept of conditional probabilities helps practitioners make informed clinical decisions.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Communication
Chapter 3 Osteoporosis: Diagnosis
Chapter 4 Osteoporosis: Consequences and Care
Chapter 5 Cauda Equina Syndrome: Diagnosis
Chapter 6 Cauda Equina Syndrome: Consequences and Care
Chapter 7 Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression (MSCC)
Chapter 8 Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression (MSCC): Consequences and Care
Sue Greenhalgh, MA, GD Phys, FCSP, Consultant Physiotherapist and James Selfe, PhD, MA, GD Phys, FCSP, Professor of Physiotherapy, Department of Health Professions, Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care, Manchester Metropolitan University