Problem-Based Psychiatry Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Problem-Based Psychiatry is a comprehensive resource covering the key principles of evidence-based approaches to diagnosis and treatment of the full range of psychiatric disorders.
The text is highly engaging and interactive. It offers a unique patient-centred, multidisciplinary perspective, taking students through a series of narratives designed to prompt deeper understanding and learning.
Ideal for medical students and educators alike, this text will also be a valuable resource for doctors engaged in postgraduate training in psychiatry and other medical disciplines, as well as for the range of allied mental health professionals.
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- 26 chapters designed for individual teaching sessions.
- Evidence-based treatment options for all major psychiatric disorders and presentations, including autism spectrum disorders, PTSD, gender dysphoria and schizophrenia.
- Problem-based format allows for learning in a real-world, practical context.
- Narratives and scenario-based learning to promote deep understanding.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Shane: Mania
- Aaron: Acute Psychosis
- Anna: Recurrent Depressive Disorder
- Laura: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Jane: Alcohol Use Disorder
- Marguerite: Delirium
- Colin: Anxiety Disorders
- Norma: Perinatal Mental Illness
- Kathleen: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Walter: Treatment Resistant Depression
- Emma: Eating Disorders
- John: Polysubstance Misuse
- Natasha: Medically Unexplained Symptoms
- Michael: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Caroline: Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Declan: Mental Illness in Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Francine: Borderline Personality Disorder
- Trevor: Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Frankie: Gender Dysphoria
- Eric: Dementia
- Linda: Opiate Misuse and Pregnancy
- Larry: Mental Illness in Intellectual Disability
- Luke: A Case of Suicide
- Pious, Bernadette, Dervla, Emmett and Karim: Adverse Effects of Medication
- Piotr: Schizophrenia
- Mark: School Refusal
David Meagher, MB, BCh, BAO, DPM MSc, MHSc, MD, PhD, MRCPsych., Henry O’Connell, MB, BCh, BAO, MRCPsych, MD, MHSc, John Mcfarland, Noreen Moloney and Maeve Leonard