Chaitow's Muscle Energy Techniques Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- New chapters and sections embed the use of METs in the biopsychosocial framework for whole-person healthcare based on the latest guidelines. Includes case studies and guidance for clinical practice.
- Entirely new research review chapter presents the latest research findings underpinning MET methodology and develops considerations regarding evidence-informed practice with attention to current debates.
- Updated chapter on the history of MET explains the impact of historical context on clinical practice.
- Increased emphasis on pulsed MET and updated research on the role of isotonic eccentric stretching and isometric eccentric contractions in rehabilitation, strengthening, and restoring functionality.
- Developed section and references to fascia research and its implications for MET.
- Updates in all chapters prioritizing whole-person healthcare.
- Fully updated references throughout with close cross-referencing between chapters and awareness of international context and research developments.
This book is ideal for all professionals with an interest in manual and movement therapy, including osteopaths, physiotherapists, exercise scientists, chiropractors, acupuncturists, manual therapists, massage therapists, and personal trainers.
1 Evidence-Informed Muscle Energy Techniques in the Biopsychosocial Framework 2 Muscle Energy Techniques 3 The History and Context of Muscle Energy Technique 4 MET: Efficacy and Research 5 How to Use MET 6 Sequential Assessment and MET Treatment of Main Postural Muscles 7 MET and the Treatment of Joints 8 Muscle Energy Techniques in Complex or Challenging Spinal Cases 9 Manual Resistance Techniques in Rehabilitation 10 MET in Post-Surgical Rehabilitation 11 MET in the Physical Therapy Setting 12 MET in a Massage Therapy Setting 13 MET in Treatment of Athletic Injuries 14 Integrated Neuromuscular Inhibition Technique (INIT) and Myofascial Pain Index
Sasha Chaitow, PhD and Sandy Fritz, MS, BCTMB, CMBE, Founder, Owner, Director, and Head Instructor, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Lapeer, Michigan