Crash Course Nervous System Updated Print + eBook edition, 4th Edition
- More than 160 illustrations present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Friendly and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- Written by students for students - authors who understand exam pressures
- Contains ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and other useful aide-mémoires
- Succinct coverage of the subject enables ‘sharp focus’ and efficient use of time during exam preparation
- Contains a fully updated self-assessment section - ideal for honing exam skills and self-testing
- Self-assessment section fully updated to reflect current exam requirements
- Contains ‘common exam pitfalls’ as advised by faculty
- Crash Courses also available electronically!
- Online self-assessment bank also available - content edited by Dan Horton-Szar!
Part I: Basic Medical Science of the Nervous System- Overview of the nervous system, cellular Physiology of the nervous system, Pharmacology of the central nervous system, The spinal cord, Somatosensation and the perception of pain, Motor control, Vision, Hearing, Olfaction and taste (gustation), The brainstem, Neuroendocrinology, The autonomic nervous system, The anatomy of higher function, Introduction to neuropsychology, Functional aspects of higher functions, Basic pathology, Pathology of the peripheral nerves and muscle, Neurogenetics;
Part II: Clinical Assessment- Common presentations of neurological disease, The neurological assessment, Further investigations;
Part III: Self-assessment- MCQs, SAQs, EMQs
Jenny Ross, MBChB, BMedSci, Core Trainee Year 1, ACCS Anaesthesia, Edinburgh, UK