Mosby's Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination, 2nd Edition
Offers more than any other review book! Students can easily prepare for exam success with review questions and printed and electronic mock exams reflecting the format of the PTCB exam and content covered on the ExCPT exam. A unique outline format highlights key information and includes test-taking tips. Ten mock exams on a companion CD match the PTCB exam in its number of questions and its 60-minute time limit and include immediate remediation. Over 600 electronic flash cards make studying fun and easy. Give your students the ultimate test-taking experience!
- Tips and suggestions prepare you for test-taking success with helpful strategies and information on what to expect and how to prepare.
- A convenient outline format helps you to quickly review important information you’ll see on the exam.
- Six printed mock exams feature the same format and content emphasis as the national exam.
- Ten practice exams on the Companion CD in both timed and untimed modes help you easily recognize important areas for study and identify your weaknesses.
- Over 600 electronic flash cards that cover the top 200 most prescribed pharmaceuticals, the top 50 herbals, abbreviations, and sound-alike drugs offer a quick practice tool for important information.
- Evolve Resources include everything from the Companion CD-ROM, plus appendices and internet resources, for more study opportunities.
- Mock exams have the same 100-question format used on the PTCB and ExCPT exams for a realistic test taking experience.
- The latest information on HIPPA and the Medicare Modernization Act, plus other recent pharmacy laws, keeps you up-to-date on important content featured on the PTCB exam.
- Discussions of the United States Pharmacopeia guidelines prepare you for updated material in the Compounding and Regulation sections.
- Internet resources feature links to pharmacy and PTCB and ExCPT-related web resources for access to more study tools.
1. Assisting the Pharmacist in Serving Patients
2. Maintaining Medication and Inventory Control Systems
3. Participating in the Administration and Management of Pharmacy Practice
4. Practice Exams
James J. Mizner, BS, MBA, RPh, Pharmacy Technician Program Coordinator, Applied Career Training, Reston, VA