Mastering Neuroscience, 1st Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- Helps you develop your critical thinking skills in a hands-on lab environment. These skills, along with a solid understanding of the nervous system, are the bases for understanding movement, behavior, and occupational performance – all essential for rehabilitation professionals!
- Includes case studies that help you build clinical reasoning skills and bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Student-focused approach allows you to choose from a list of neurological diagnoses and present the pathology as it would manifest in a typical patient – an effective method to help you retain what you’ve learned.
- A focus on clinical applications clearly demonstrates how a knowledge of neuroscience is important in day-to-day rehabilitation practice.
- Key anatomy exercises are presented with helpful illustrations so that you can better identify anatomical structures.
- Step-by-step directions help you find gross and specific structures of brain anatomy, pathways, and more.
- Can be used to supplement any major neuroscience textbook, enhancing your ability to make quantitative and qualitative observations in clinical practice.
Lab 1: Introduction and Gross Central Nervous System
Lab 2: Brainstem and Sagittal Sections
Lab 3: Cerebellum, Cranial Nerves, Ventricular System, and Spinal Cord Anatomy
Lab 4: Cerebral and Diencephalic Internal Structures
Lab 5: Meninges, Blood Vessels, and Cranium
Lab 6: Case Studies for GTO and Muscle Spindle
Lab 7: Sensory Pathways
Lab 8: Motor Pathways
Lab 9: Spinal Cord Injury: Case Stories
Lab 10: Vestibular System
Lab 11: Visual System
Lab 12: Brainstem and Cranial Nerve Case Stories
Lab 13: Brainstem, Cranial Nerve, and Cerebral Lesions Case Stories
Lab 14: Student Teaching Assignment
Roseann Cianciulli Schaaf, PhD, OTR/L, Associate Professor, Vice Chairman, Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Health Professions, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA and Audrey Lynne Zapletal, MS, OTR/L, Instructor, Department of Occupational Therapy, School of Health Professions, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA