Atlas of Sexual Violence, 1st Edition
The ideal clinical companion for evaluating and documenting sexual violence, Atlas of Sexual Violence reflects the field's most up-to-date research and clinical practice. It reviews current practices for providing patient care to adolescent and adult victims of sexual violence, and uses diverse photographs to show variances related to race and age. Coverage of wound identification and terminology helps students learn accurate interpretation, documentation, and courtroom testimony. Durable and portable, this text is the only book dedicated entirely to medical forensic patient care of victims of sexual assault.
- More than 250 full-color images of normal and abnormal findings assist in determining causation and accurate identification, interpretation, and documentation of injuries.
- Critical information related to clinical practice is highlighted throughout the text.
- Interpretation of anogenital findings is simplified with coverage of normal anatomy and physiology of the mouth, genitalia, anus, and rectum, as well as anogenital variances not attributable to trauma.
- Unique! Postmortem Sexual Assault Examinations chapter includes the details and photos of this specific examination.
- Photo legends note proper identification and descriptive terminology of injuries, disease, and normal variances.
- Key Terms are highlighted and defined, making it easier for healthcare providers, law enforcement, and legal professionals to use accurate medical forensic terminology for documentation and courtroom testimony.
1. Evaluation of the Sexual Assault Patient
2. Wound Identification and Documentation
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. Anogenital Dermatology
5. Consensual Intercourse
6. Anogenital Trauma
7. Postmortem Sexual Assault Examinations
IAFN and Tara Henry