Hollinshead's Functional Anatomy of the Limbs and Back - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and
you will not be charged until the item ships.
Learn everything you need to know about the anatomy of the limbs and back and how to apply the material to everyday activities and movements with this updated edition of the classic text. This user-friendly book is packed with detailed quick-reference tables and newly revised illustrations. Take advantage of expanded study questions and exercises at the end of each chapter to actively engage yourself in the learning process and enhance your comprehension of the material. Understanding the functional and clinical relevance of musculoskeletal anatomy has never been easier!
Get the instant access version
- Well-rounded, detailed coverage of the musculoskeletal system includes information on the head, neck, thorax, abdomen, and pelvis.
- Easy-to-understand, flowing text is presented in paragraph form.
- Abundant tables on muscles and nerves condense the information in the text for easy reference.
- Detailed discussions of specific movements focus on individual joints and muscles.
- A glossary provides a quick reference for useful terms.
- Evolve online resources for students and instructors include an image bank, test bank, Archie animations, and anatomy labeling exercises.
- UPDATED!! Clear, concise, and informative color illustrations enable you to better interpret the text.
- MORE Functional/Clinical Notes highlight the applications and importance of the material.
- MORE Analyses of Activities and Associated Movements boxes help you apply the anatomical information on movements and muscles to everyday life.
- EXPANDED information on surface anatomy describes palpable structures and how to “visualize” anatomy through the skin.
- MORE Review Questions and Exercises are provided at the end of each chapter to enhance your level of comprehension.
SECTION I ORGANIZATION OF THE BODY
Chapter 1 Anatomical Terminology
Chapter 2 Tissues of the Body
Chapter 3 Organs and Organ Systems
SECTION II THE UPPER LIMB
Chapter 4 General Survey of the Upper Limb
Chapter 5 The Shoulder
Chapter 6 The Arm
Chapter 7 Forearm and Hand: General Considerations
Chapter 8 Flexor Forearms
Chapter 9 Extensor Forearm
Chapter 10 Radioulnar and Wrist Movements
Chapter 11 The Hand
Chapter 12 Movement of the Digits
SECTION III THE BACK
Chapter 13 The Back
SECTION IV THE LOWER LIMB
Chapter 14 General Survey of the Lower Limb
Chapter 15 The Bony Pelvis, Femur, and Hip Joint
Chapter 16 The Thigh and Knee
Chapter 17 Gluteal Region and Posterior Thigh
Chapter 18 Movements of the Thigh and Leg
Chapter 19 The Leg
Chapter 20 The Foot
SECTION V THE HEAD, NECK AND TRUNK
Chapter 21 The Head and Neck
Chapter 22 The Thorax
Chapter 23 The Abdomen and Pelvis
David B. Jenkins, PhD, Chair, Department of Growth, Development, and Structure; Head, Section of Anatomy; School of Dental Medicine; Southern Illinois University, Alton, IL