Equine Breeding Management and Artificial Insemination - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and
you will not be charged until the item ships.
Put the principles of good breeding management into practice with Equine Breeding Management and Artificial Insemination, 2nd Edition for reproductive success! Practical information on the reproductive management of both thoroughbred and warmblood breeding operations prepares you to effectively breed even problem mares and stallions. Plus, detailed content on techniques, procedures, reproductive physiology, and more help you increase reproductive efficiency as well as track and improve your results throughout each breeding season.
- A section on reproduction efficiency evaluation includes a worksheet to evaluate the performance of both mares and stallions during each breeding season, and helps you compare reproductive performance with previous breeding seasons.
- Detailed descriptions of procedures and techniques including embryo transfer, artificial insemination, and more enable you to implement the methods for better breeding results.
- Practical information on reproductive management of both thoroughbred and warmblood breeding operations enhance the fertility of problem mares and stallions.
- World-renowned authors and contributors with years of practical knowledge and experience provide cutting-edge information.
- Vibrant full-color design and photographs show accurate representations of clinical appearance.
- Chapters covering the latest reproductive techniques improve chances of successful breeding, and improve survival rates after the birth of the foal.
- Vital chapters with information on recognizing potential problems help you quickly identify warning signs before fertility is negatively affected.
1. Anatomy and Physical Examination of the Stallion
2. Endocrinology of the Stallion
3. Semen Collection
4. Stallion Behavior
5. Sperm Physiology
6. Semen Evaluation
7. Breeding Management of the Thoroughbred Stallion (Shuttle)
8. Breeding Management of the Warmblood Stallion
9. Hormonal Manipulation of the Mare
10. Microbiology and Diseases of Semen
11. Anatomy and Physiology of the Mare
12. Uterine Edema of the Mare
13. Breeding Management of the Mare
14. Artificial Insemination With Cooled Semen
15. Artificial Insemination With Frozen Semen
16. Embryo Transfer
17. Preservation of Equine Embryos
18. Assisted Reproductive Techniques in the Mare
19. The Early Pregnancy
20. Evaluation of the Foal In-Utero
21. Infectious Problems in the Last Trimester of Pregnancy
22. Parturition and Evaluation of the Placenta
23. The New Born Foal
24. Breeding the Post-partum Mare
25. Preventive Medicine of the Brood Mare
26. Evaluation of Reproductive Efficiency
27. Significance of the Equine Genome on the Horse Industry
Juan C. Samper, DVM, MSc, PhD, DiplACT, Veterinary Reproductive Services, Langley, BC, Canada