Essentials of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, 2nd Edition, 2nd Edition
1. Chapters are written and presented for the students, to understand the subject in an easy way and to remember the required knowledge & skill whenever needed in professional carrier of the reader.
2. This book covers theory as well as 22 practical competencies/exercises (14.1 – 14.22) in an exam oriented approach. It will save the time of students to cover wide syllabus in less time.
3. The theory part includes important questions (long questions, short notes, difference between) along with their answers. The answers are point wise and contain the optimum information required as per the demand of the question.
4. Mnemonics have been provided for better learning and memorizing.
5. Most recent and updated information about forensic pathology as well as current existing laws has been provided.
6. The concepts which are difficult to understand and need clarification e.g., mechanism of action, processes or some legal matter have been explained in simple language and with proper examples as far as possible.
7. It would be useful for MBBS students, MD (forensic medicine) students, doctors, lawyers and police as well as students of Ayurvedic, Homeopathic, Unani and Siddha systems of medicine.
• Filled proformas of all 22 Practical competencies provided along with VIVA Qs-As.
• Covers most recent information about forensic pathology as well as current existing laws.
SECTION I: Forensic Medicine
1. Introduction to Forensic Medicine
2. Legal Procedures
3. Medical Jurisprudence
5. Medicolegal Autopsy
6. Mechanical Asphyxia
7. Death of Infants and Foetus
9. Anaesthetic and Surgical Deaths
10. Torture and Custodial Deaths
13. Sexual Jurisprudence
14. Forensic Psychiatry
15. Forensic Science
SECTION II: Forensic Toxicology
16. Forensic Toxicology
17. Corrosive Poisons
19. CNS Depressants
21. Spinal and Peripheral Nerve Poisons
22. Cardiac Poisons
24. Agricultural Poisons
25. Substance Abuse
26. Pharmaceutical Toxicology
27. Miscellaneous Topics
28. Competitive Arrows and MCQs in toxicologySECTION III: Practical in Forensic Medicine
III.1: Grand Viva in Forensic Medicine
III.2: Grand Viva in Toxicology
III.3: OSCE and OSPE XXXIII.4: Practical competencies
III.5: MCCD certificate
SECTION IV: Appendices
1: Important Sections in CrPC, IPC and IEA
2: Sample Papers
3: Weights and Measurements
4: Do You Know?
5: Miscellaneous Topics