Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Examine the diverse ways animal bodies function at both the systemic and cellular levels with this vital resource. It brings your students clear coverage essential to understanding the clinical relevance of anatomical and physiological principles. Fully updated and written by respected veterinary technician educators, this popular textbook is the practical, comprehensive foundation for your students' success in veterinary technology.
- Clinical application boxes help you sharpen your skills and apply principles to practice.
- Test Yourself boxes throughout chapters emphasize important study points.
- An extensive glossary provides quick reference to hundreds of important terms and definitions.
- Over 300 new illustrations help you identify structures with rich, realistic clarity.
- A NEW full color format visually enhances your understanding of anatomic and physiologic concepts.
- Four NEW chapters give you the latest insight on the chemical basis of life, nutrition and metabolism, pregnancy, development, and lactation, and reptile and amphibian anatomy and physiology.
- A revised chapter on the cardiovascular system helps you most effectively comprehend the complex functions of the heart and blood vessels.
1. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. Chemical Basis for Life
3. Anatomical Structure of the Cell
4. Physiology of the Cell
6. Integumentary System
7. Skeletal System
8. Muscular System
9. Nervous System
10. Sense organs
11. Endocrine System
12. Blood, Lymph and Lymph Nodes
13. Immunity and Defense
14. Cardiovascular System
15. Respiratory System
16. Digestive System
17. Nutrients and Metabolism
18. Urinary System
19. Reproductive System
20. Pregnancy, Development and Lactation
21. Avian Anatomy and Physiology
22. Amphibian and Reptilian Anatomy and Physiology
Thomas P. Colville, DVM, MSc, Professor Emeritus Department of Animal Sciences North Dakota State University and Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor Emeritus Program of Veterinary Technology Manor College Jenkintown, PA