Patient Care in Radiography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Describing the technical and interpersonal skills needed to care for radiography patients, Patient Care in Radiography with an Introduction to Medical Imaging provides students with illustrated, step-by-step instructions for a wide range of patient procedures and imaging modalities. To ensure safe and effective patient care, key concepts are demonstrated visually and always applied to clinical practice. New to this edition is coverage of the latest post-image manipulation techniques and ASRT Practice Standards. A solid introduction to patient care and also a practical reference, this text emphasizes important skills such as patient assessment, infection control, patient transfer, and bedside radiography.
- Coverage of patient care and procedural skills help you provide safe, high-quality patient care along with technical proficiency.
- Step-by-step procedures are shown in photo essays, and are demonstrated with more than 400 full-color illustrations.
- Information from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists familiarizes you with the organization that guides your profession.
- Case studies focus on medicolegal terms, standards, and applications, helping you build the problem-solving skills needed to deal with situations you will encounter in the clinical setting
- Chapter outlines, objectives, key terms, summaries, review questions, and critical thinking exercises focus on the key information in each chapter and help you assess your grasp of the material.
- Coverage of infection control helps you prevent the spread of diseases.
- Special Imaging Modalities chapter provides an overview of patient care for a wide range of imaging methods.
- Answers to the review questions make it easy to check your knowledge.
- UPDATED practice requirements include ASRT Practice Standards and AHA Patient Care Partnership Standards.
- NEW contrast products and post-image manipulation techniques include the newest material on Cone beam utilization, MR imaging, image-guided therapy, and kV imaging.
- NEW images highlight many patient procedures, showing exactly how to care for patients.
Part I: Introduction to Radiography
1. Introduction to Radiography
2. Image Quality Factors
3. Radiation Effects and Safety
4. The Healthcare Delivery System
5. Professional Roles and Behaviors
Part II: Patient Care
6. Professional Attitudes and Communications
8. Infection Control Concepts
9. Preventing Disease Transmission
10. Response to Patient’s Personal and Physical Needs
11. Patient Assessment
12. Patient Transfer
13. Medication Information
14. Medication Administration
15. Emergency Response
16. Dealing with Acute Situations
Part III: Patient Care in Specific Procedures and Environments
17. Preparation and Examination of the Gastrointestinal Tract
18. Surgical Asepsis
19. Contrast Media and Special Radiographic Techniques
20. Bedside Radiography: Special Conditions and Environments
21. Radiography in Surgery
22. Special Imaging Modalities
Ruth Ann Ehrlich, Radiology Faculty (Retired), University of Western States, Portland, Oregon and Dawn M Coakes, BS, RT(R)(CT)