Pathophysiology Online for Pathophysiology, 8th Edition
Reinforce your students’ understanding of complex pathophysiology subjects! Developed and updated by learning experts, Pathophysiology Online for Understanding Pathophysiology, 8th Edition is a collection of 20 online modules that complement the McCance Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults and Children textbook. This unique online course uses animations, interactive activities, case studies, online testing, open discussion boards, and various multimedia learning aids to make the process of mastering textbook material fun and engaging for students.
- More than 80 specially created, narrated animations help you to visualize some of the most complex pathophysiologic processes.
- Module pre-tests help you test your knowledge of normal structure and function before alternations in function are introduced.
- Immediate feedback on activities and assignments throughout help to reinforce learning and encourage subject mastery.
- 20 complete modules supplement the textbook and provide experience with application of the material with online activities, animation, interactivity.
- Module Exams measure your progress as soon as you’re completed.
- Case studies throughout encourage development of critical thinking skills and application of knowledge about pathophysiology to real-world situations.
- Rationales for all pre-tests and exams make it easy for you to understand the nature of both correct and incorrect answers.
- Over 600 images including figures, charts and diagrams keep you engaged and strengthen your understanding of the material.
- Narrated algorithms describe complex health and disease processes to help you visualize how reactions progress and interact.
- Guided Reading Assignments make learning and review more effective by allowing you to focus on the most vital content.
- Outlines for each module provide a complete overview of content to help you quickly and conveniently navigate through the course.
- Clear objectives highlight the most important material for each module.
- Further Exploration sections help you review and strengthen your understanding of the content before moving on.
- NEW! More than 20 new animations help to visually engage you throughout the course.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated to reflect content from the main text.
1. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
2. The Cellular Environment: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
3. Genes and Genetic Diseases
4. Innate Immunity
5. Adaptive Immunity
6. Alterations in Immunity and Inflammation
8. Biology of Cancer and Tumor Spread, Clinical Manifestations, and Treatment
9. Cancer Epidemiology
10. Disorders of Neurologic Function
11. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
12. Alterations of the Reproductive System
13. Alterations of Erythrocyte Function
14. Alterations of Leukocyte, Lymphoid, and Hemostatic Function
15. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function (Parts I and II)
16. Alterations of Pulmonary Function
17. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function
18. Alterations of Digestive Function
19. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function
20. Shock, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome, and Burns in Adults
Kathryn L. McCance, MS, PhD, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT and Sue E. Huether, MS, PhD, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
This product is available in the following formats: