Pathophysiology Online for Gould's Pathophysiology for the Health Professions,6th Edition
Developed for students in the health professions Pathophysiology Online for Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 6th Edition presents disease processes and disorders in a clear and visual way. Modules correspond to material in the main text, and animations, slide shows, and other interactive resources enhance understanding of pathophysiology for any learning style. A case-based approach presents information in small "chunks" for easier comprehension and helps you apply concepts. Within each module, a set of lessons lets you study and review pathophysiology — with exercises to allow self-assessment.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Clinical Correlation case studies lets you apply pathophysiology to the real world, with each case including a patient with a pathology pertaining to a specific body system, along with an electronic health record and self-assessment questions.
- Self-assessment activities promote learning with Self-Check activities such as image association, drag-and-drop, matching, multiple choice, and flash card activities, and Think About short-answer exercises — all with immediate feedback and source references.
- Animations, slide shows, and audio narration demonstrate the more difficult disease and health processes, showing how, why, when, and the order in which abnormal physiologic processes take place.
- Student-friendly learning tools in each module include a lesson overview with learning objectives, glossary terms, and a module summary.
- Audio glossary offers quick, easy access to new and unfamiliar terms — some with illustrations — along with pronunciations and definitions.
Section I: Pathophysiology: Background and Overview 1. Introduction to Pathophysiology 2. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances 3. Introduction to Basic Pharmacology and Other Common Therapies 4. Pain
Section II: Defense/Protective 5. Inflammation and Healing 6. Infection 7. Immunity
Section III: Pathophysiology of Body Systems 8. Skin Disorders 9. Musculoskeletal Disorders 10. Blood and the Circulatory System 11. Lymphatic System Disorders 12. Cardiovascular System Disorders 13. Respiratory System Disorders 14. Neurological Disorders 15. Eyes, Ears and Other Sensory Organs 16. Endocrine Disorders 17. Digestive System Disorders 18. Urinary System Disorders 19. Reproductive System Disorders 20. Neoplasms and Cancer
Section IV: Factors Contributing to Pathophysiology 21. Congenital and Genetic Disorders 22. Complications Due to Pregnancy 23. Complications Due to Adolescence 24. Complications Due to Aging
Section V: Environmental Factors and Pathophysiology 25. Immobility and Associated Problems 26. Stress and Associated Problems 27. Substance Abuse and Associated Problems 28. Environmental Hazards and Associated Problems
Karin C. VanMeter, PhD, Lecturer
Iowa State University
Department of Biomedical Sciences
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ames, Iowa and Robert J Hubert, BS, Laboratory Coordinator
Iowa State University
Department of Animal Sciences