Workbook for Radiologic Science for Technologists - eBook on VitalSource, 11th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Corresponding to the chapters in Bushong’s Radiologic Science for Technologists, 11th Edition, this workbook helps students sharpen their radiographic skills and reinforce what they've learned in their readings and in class. The worksheets, crossword puzzles, and math exercises hone students’ understanding of text content, while a math tutor section helps them brush up on their math skills. By using this workbook alongside the main Bushong text, students will gain the scientific understanding and practical experience they need to become informed, confident radiographers.
- Comprehensive and in-depth coverage lets users review and apply all of the major concepts in the text.
- Over 100 worksheets make it easy to review specific topics, and are numbered according to textbook chapter.
- Penguin boxes summarize relevant information from the textbook, making it easier to review major concepts and do worksheet exercises.
- Math Tutor worksheets provide a great refresher or extra practice with decimal and fractional timers, fraction/decimal conversion, solving for desired mAs, and technique adjustments.
- NEW! Chapters on radiography/fluoroscopy patient radiation dose and computed tomography patient radiation dose provide up-to-date information on the challenges of digital imaging that will be encountered in the clinical setting.
- NEW! Closer correlation to the textbook simplifies review.
- NEW! Worksheets on radiography/fluoroscopy patient radiation dose and computed tomography patient radiation dose offer an excellent review of the new textbook chapters.
PART I - RADIOLOGIC PHYSICS
1. Essential Concepts of Radiologic Science
2. The Structure of Matter
3. Electromagnetic Energy
4. Electricity, Magnetism, and Electromagnetism
PART II - X-RADIATION
5. The X-ray Imaging System
6. The X-ray Tube
7. X-ray Production
8. X-ray Emission
9. X-ray Interaction with Matter
PART III - THE RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGE
10. Radiologic Image Quality
11. Scatter Radiation
12. Screen-Film Radiography
13. Screen-Film Radiographic Technique
PART IV - THE DIGITAL RADIOGRAPHIC IMAGE
14. Medical Imaging Computer Science
PART V – RADIOGRAPHIC QUALITY ASSESSMENT
19. Screen-Film Radiographic Artifacts
20. Screen-Film Radiographic Quality Control
21. Digital Radiographic Artifacts
22. Digital Radiographic Quality Control
PART VI - ADVANCED X-RAY IMAGING
24. Mammography Quality Control
26. Digital Fluoroscopy
27. Interventional Radiography
28. Computed Tomography
PART VII - RADIOBIOLOGY
29. Human Biology
30. Fundamental Principles of Radiobiology
31. Molecular Radiobiology
32. Cellular Radiobiology
33. Deterministic Effects of Radiation
34. Stochastic Effects of Radiation
PART VIII - RADIATION PROTECTION
35. Health Physics
36. Designing for Radiation Protection
37. Radiography/Fluoroscopy Patient Radiation Dose - NEW
38. Computed Tomography Patient Radiation Dose - NEW
39. Patient Radiation Dose Management
40. Occupational Radiation Dose Management
Elizabeth Shields, MHA, RT(R), Program Director, Radiologic Technology Program,Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center and Stewart C. Bushong, ScD, FAAPM, FACR, Professor of Radiologic Science, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX