Mosby's Dental Assisting Exam Review - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Help students prepare for and pass their local, state, or board exams with Mosby’s Dental Assisting Exam Review, 3rd Edition. This best-selling comprehensive resource is modeled after the format of the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA®) exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) and includes 600 all-new questions. With a total of 2,800 total multiple-choice questions and nearly seven times the practice of the CDA® exam, all the standard topics and procedures specific to dental assisting are meticulously covered. In addition, an updated companion website includes a database of exam questions and a custom test generator with time-clock functionality. Plus, this is the only product on the market to address state-by-state expanded functions with state-specific questions to give students realistic practice for any certification exam.
- Comprehensive practice with 2,800 total multiple-choice questions provides nearly seven times the practice of the board exam.
- National board format follows the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA®) blueprints with the same number and type of questions you can expect to see in the General Chairside, Infection Control, and Radiation Health and Safety component exams.
- Answer key and rationales help you assess your understanding and gauge your exam readiness.
- Unique companion website allows you to practice specific types and numbers of questions or easily generate a simulated exam from the 2,800-question item bank to mimic the types and numbers of questions on the CDA® exam.
- Realistic computerized testing experience with a clock functionality helps you learn to master time for optimal test-day readiness.
- Photos and illustrations included with exam questions provide realistic exam simulation.
- NEW! Content review sections summarize key information to provide an even more comprehensive exam-preparation product.
- NEW! Approximately 600 all-new questions provides you more opportunities to master content and gain test-taking confidence.
- NEW! Expanded question rationales help you to break down and understand questions and strengthen your grasp of the material.
- UNIQUE! Additional expanded functions questions ensure that you are prepared for exam success in any state you choose to practice.
PART 1: Content Review
Chapter 1: General Chairside Assisting Exam Review 1. Collection and Recording of Clinical Data 2. Chairside Dental Procedures 3. Chairside Dental Materials: Preparation, Manipulation, Application 4. Laboratory Materials and Procedures 5. Patient Education and Oral Health Management 6. Prevention and Management of Emergencies 7. Office Operations
Chapter 2: Radiation Health and Safety Exam Review 1. Expose and Evaluate 2. Quality Assurance and Radiology Regulations 3. Radiation Safety for Patients and Operators 4. Infection Control
Chapter 3: Infection Control Exam Review 1. Patient and Dental Healthcare Worker Education 2. Standard/Universal Precautions and the Prevention of Disease Transmission a. Preventing cross-contamination and disease transmission b. Maintaining aseptic conditions c. Instrument processing d. Asepsis procedures 3. Occupational Safety
PART 2: Practice Examinations
Test 1 General Chairside Radiation Health and Safety Infection Control Answers and Rationales
Test 2 General Chairside Radiation Health and Safety Infection Control Answers and Rationales
Test 3 General Chairside Radiation Health and Safety Infection Control Answers and Rationales
National and State Contacts Bibliography/Suggested Readings Figure Credits
Mosby and Betty Ladley Finkbeiner, CDA-Emeritus, BS, MS