Goldberger's Clinical Electrocardiography - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- Includes Clinical Pearls and Review Points in each chapter, as well as indispensable self-tests on interpreting and using ECGs to formulate diagnoses.
- Covers the nuts and bolts of ECG, explaining how to read the data and then interpret the subsequent clinical findings.
- Features practical, comprehensive coverage of the true-to-life clinical appearance of ECGs.
- Provides ECG differential diagnoses so you can answer the question, "What else could it be?"
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Includes new self-assessment ECGs and questions in the Expert Consult eBook.
- Enhances your understanding of difficult concepts through several new illustrations and animations.
- Highlights the latest information on intraventricular and atrioventricular (AV) conduction disturbances; sudden cardiac arrest; myocardial ischemia and infarction; drug toxicities; and electronic pacemakers and ICDs.
PART ONE: Basic Principles and Patterns
1. Essential Concepts: What is an ECG?
2. ECG Basics: Waves, Intervals, and Segments
3. How to Make Basic Measurements
4. ECG Leads
5. The Normal ECG
6. Electrical Axis and Axis Deviation
7. Atrial and Ventricular Enlargement
8. Ventricular Conduction Disturbances: Bundle Branch Blocks and Related Abnormalities
9. Myocardial Infarction and Ischemia, Part I: ST Segment Elevation and Q Wave Syndromes
10. Myocardial Infarction and Ischemia, Part II: Non-ST Segment Elevation and Non–Q Wave Syndromes
11. Drug Effects, Electrolyte Abnormalities, and Metabolic Effects
12. Pericardial, Myocardial, and Pulmonary Syndromes
13. Sinus and Escape Rhythms
14. Supraventricular Arrhythmias, Part I: Premature Beats and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardias (PSVTs)
15. Supraventricular Arrhythmias, Part II: Atrial Flutter and Atrial Fibrillation
16. Ventricular Arrhythmias
17. AV Conduction Abnormalities, Part I: Delays, Blocks, and Dissociation Syndromes
18. AV Conduction Abnormalities, Part II: Preexcitation (Wolff-Parkinson-White) Patterns and Syndromes
PART THREE: Special Topics and Reviews
19. Bradycardias and Tachycardias: Review and Differential Diagnosis
20. Digitalis Toxicity
21. Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Sudden Cardiac Death
22. Pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators: Essentials for Clinicians
23. Interpreting ECGs: An Integrative Approach
24. Limitations and Uses of the ECG
25. ECG Differential Diagnoses: Instant Replays
Ary L. Goldberger, MD, FACC, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Director, Margret and HA Rey Institute for Nonlinear Dynamics in Physiology and Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, Zachary D. Goldberger, MD, FACC, FHRS, Associate Professor of Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine/Electrophysiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin and Alexei Shvilkin, MD, PhD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Director, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts