Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Equip your students with the tools and skills they need to prepare for the NCLEX®! Often called the ‘the best NCLEX® exam review book ever,’ Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 8th Edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the most recent test plan. This new edition includes 5,200 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and online. A companion Evolve website includes thousands of questions that allow students to decide how they want to practice! Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only Silvestri includes the kinds of questions that consistently test the clinical judgment skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. Even better, all answers include detailed rationales to help students learn from their answer choices and test-taking strategies with tips on how to best approach each question. Written by the most trusted name in NCLEX review, this is THE book of choice for NCLEX preparation. Read any customer review or ask your colleagues to see why there's nothing else like it!
- Over 5,200 practice questions in the text and online offer ample testing practice.
- 75-question comprehensive exam covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Inclusion of all alternate item format questions covers multiple response, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration [hot spot], chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to give students practice with mastering prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Presents introductory chapters on preparation guidance for the NCLEX-RN, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, the CAT format, and the NCLEX-RN from a new graduate’s experience.
- UNIQUE! Audio review summaries on pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance are found on the Evolve companion site.
- Expanded coverage of delegation, prioritization, and triage/disaster management in the practice questions reflect the areas of increased emphasis on the NCLEX exam.
- UNIQUE! A detailed test-taking strategy and rationale is included for each question, offering clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option
- UNIQUE! Priority concepts call-outs highlight specific concepts related to nursing practice. Concepts have been updated to reflect the latest Giddens: Concepts for Nursing Practice text.
- UNIQUE! More Priority Nursing Action boxes communicate new and pertinent content.
- Question categories by cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, and content area give you completely customizable exams or study sessions when using the companion Evolve site.
- UNIQUE! Pyramid Alert! boxes spotlight important nursing concepts and procedures, and include tips and shortcuts for remembering key information.
- Mnemonics included where appropriate throughout the text.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated content incorporates clinical updates and reflects the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! Clinical Judgment Situations test critical thinking skills and feature Next Generation NCLEX item types to assist in applying the skill of clinical judgment.
- NEW! UPDATED! Bioterrorism content includes information on nuclear radiation.
- Several NEW prioritizing questions test prioritizing skills.
- NEW! Pharmacology classifications code with practice questions helps you to focus on specific medication classes.
- NEW! Special Populations chapter focuses on nursing care of special and vulnerable populations.
- NEW! Complex Care chapter includes information on sepsis, shock, sedation, critical care nursing interventions, and more.
- NEW! Health Problem code with every practice question helps you to focus your study on particular topics.
- NEW! Anemia section added to the Oncological and Hematological Problems chapter.
- NEW! Systematic case scenario helps you focus on applying health and physical assessment concepts.
Unit I: NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation 1. The NCLEX-RN Examination 2. Pathways to Success 3. The NCLEX-RN Examination from a Graduate’s Perspective 4. Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II: Professional Standards in Nursing 5. Care of Special Populations 6. Ethical and Legal Issues 7. Prioritizing Client Care: Leadership, Delegating, and Emergency Response Planning
Unit III: Foundations of Care 8. Fluids and Electrolytes 9. Acid-Base Balance 10. Vital Signs and Laboratory Reference Intervals 11. Nutrition 12. Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client 13. Provision of a Safe Environment 14. Calculation of Medication and Intravenous Prescriptions 15. Perioperative Nursing Care 16. Positioning Clients
Unit IV: Growth and Development Across the Life Span 17. Theories of Growth and Development 18. Growth, Development, and Stages of Life 19. Care of the Older Client
Unit V: Maternity Nursing 20. Reproductive System 21. Prenatal Period 22. Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy 23. Labor and Birth 24. Problems with Labor and Birth 25. The Postpartum Period 26. Postpartum Complications 27. Care of the Newborn 28. Maternity and Newborn Medications
Unit VI: Pediatric Nursing 29. Integumentary Problems 30. Hematological Problems 31. Oncological Problems 32. Metabolic and Endocrine Problems 33. Gastrointestinal Problems 34. Eye, Ear, and Throat Problems 35. Respiratory Problems 36. Cardiovascular Problems 37. Renal and Genitourinary Problems 38. Neurological and Cognitive Problems 39. Musculoskeletal Problems 40. Immune Problems and Infectious Diseases 41. Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations
Unit VII: Integumentary Problems of the Adult Client 42. Integumentary System 43. Integumentary Medications
Unit VIII: Oncological and Hematological Problems of the Adult Client 44. Oncological and Hematological Problems 45. Oncological and Hematological Medications
Unit IX: Endocrine Problems of the Adult Client 46. Endocrine Problems 47. Endocrine Medications
Unit X: Gastrointestinal Problems of the Adult Client 48. Gastrointestinal Problems 49. Gastrointestinal Medications
Unit XI: Respiratory Problems of the Adult Client 50. Respiratory Problems 51. Respiratory Medications
Unit XII: Cardiovascular Problems of the Adult Client 52. Cardiovascular Problems 53. Cardiovascular Medications
Unit XIII: Renal and Urinary Problems of the Adult Client 54. Renal and Urinary Problems 55. Renal and Urinary Medications
Unit XIV: Eye and Ear Problems of the Adult Client 56. Eye and Ear Problems 57. Eye and Ear Medications
Unit XV: Neurological Problems of the Adult Client 58. Neurological Problems 59. Neurological Medications
Unit XVI: Musculoskeletal Problems of the Adult Client 60. Musculoskeletal Problems 61. Musculoskeletal Medications
Unit XVII: Immune Problems of the Adult Client 62. Immune Problems 63. Immunological Medications
Unit XVIII: Mental Health Problems of the Adult Client 64. Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 65. Mental Health Problems 66. Addictions 67. Crisis Theory and Intervention 68. Psychiatric Medications
Unit XIX 70. Complex Care – NEW!
Unit XX: Comprehensive Test
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, FAAN, Nursing Instructor,University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las,Nevada; President Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc. Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Thought Leader and Angela Elizabeth Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor and BSN Program Director,University of Nevada,Las Vegas, Nevada; President Nurse Prep, LLC Henderson, Nevada