Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Help new and current vet tech students master critical concepts for certification exam success! Mosby’s Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition is the ideal review tool which reflects the most recent changes to the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). This edition features a user-friendly outline format that helps break down information visually for better comprehension of the material. Coverage reinforces key concepts in: basic and clinical sciences, clinical applications, patient management and nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, medical and surgical nursing, critical care, and information on pain management. Wide-ranging coverage includes dogs, cats, large animals, birds, reptiles, and laboratory animals. To ensure the most meaningful review, this edition features a study mode on the Evolve site that includes 500 review questions and an exam mode with a computer-based testing environment similar to what students will encounter when taking the VTNE.
- The accompanying Evolve site includes an expanded Comprehensive Test with 500 review questions, and a test engine containing an additional 500 questions that can be used for practice or exam-mode simulation.
- Comprehensive Test at the end of the book simulates the VTNE testing environment, giving students the confidence and practice they need to master the exam.
- UPDATED! Chapter discussions expanded throughout text provide additional information in areas such as emergency procedures, as well as urinalysis and hematology, sanitation, sterilization, and disinfection, small and large animal nutrition and feeding, and exotic animal medicine.
- UPDATED! The digital section in the Radiography chapter has been expanded.
- Comprehensive coverage includes all areas of veterinary technology, such as: basic and clinical sciences; clinical applications; patient management, nursing and nutrition; anesthesia and pharmacology; and professional practices and issues.
- Coverage of multiple species, including dogs, cats, large animals, birds, reptiles, and laboratory animals, prepares readers for all aspects of the national board examination.
- A user-friendly outline format ensures content can be quickly comprehended and is conducive to classification and grouping of material, which helps the reader retain the content.
- End-of-chapter review questions cover the content in each of the chapters equally, providing you with a solid review of the vet tech curriculum and of the information you will need to know to pass the VTNE.
- Full-color format features vivid color photos to support comprehension and recognition of essential concepts including histology, hematology, diagnostic microbiology and mycology, virology, urinalysis, and parasitology.
- Easy-to-read summaries support visual learners and serve as useful review and study tools.
- Detailed Appendices provide you with quick access to helpful resources for veterinary technicians.
- NEW! Content mapped to the VTNE domains, tasks, and knowledge statements prepares you for taking the VTNE.
- NEW! The use and care of endoscopic equipment added to the Ultrasound and Other Imaging Modalities chapter.
PART 1: Anatomy and Veterinary Diagnostics 1. Animal Anatomy and Physiology 2. Urinalysis and Hematology 3. Parasitology 4. Clinical Chemistry 5. Cytology 6. Diagnostic Microbiology and Mycology 7. Radiography 8. Ultrasound and Other Imaging Modalities
PART 2: Patient Management 9. Virology and Immunology 10. Sanitation, Sterilization, and Disinfection 11. Companion Animal Behavior 12. Restraint and Handling 13. Small Animal Nutrition 14. Large Animal Nutrition and Feeding 15. Genetics, Theriogenology, and Neonatal Care 16. Laboratory Animal Medicine 17. Exotic Animal Medicine 18.Zoonoses
PART 3: Veterinary Therapeutics 19. Pharmacology 20. Pharmaceutical Calculations 21. Anesthesia 22. Pain Management 23. Surgical Principles 24. Small Animal Nursing 25. Equine Nursing and Surgery 26. Ruminant, South American Camelid, and Swine Nursing, Surgery and Anesthesia 27. Emergency Medicine 28. Veterinary Dentistry
PART 4: Professional Management 29. Personal, Practice, and Professional Management Skills and Ethics
Appendix A: Comprehensive Test Appendix B: Chapter Review Answer Key
AVAILABLE ON EVOLVE Web Appendix A. Abbreviations and Symbols Web Appendix B. The Metric System and Equivalents Web Appendix C. Medical Terminology Web Appendix D. Species Names Web Appendix E. Normal Values Web Appendix F. Additional Veterinary Technician Resources Expanded Comprehensive Test, containing 500 review questions Test engine with 500 questions that can be used in Study or Exam mode
Monica M. Tighe, RVT, BA, MEd and Marg Brown, RVT, BEd Ad Ed, Penn Foster College, Scranton, Pennsylvania, Active Member, Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians and Association of Veterinary Technician Educators