Anatomy and Physiology Online for The Human Body in Health and Illness, 6th Edition
Help your students get the most out of The Human Body in Health and Illness, 6th Edition! Anatomy & Physiology Online uses hundreds of colorful illustrations, engaging activities, and an easy-to-read writing style to simplify Anatomy & Physiology concepts from the main text. Organized by body system, this online tool shows how each organ is structurally designed to perform specific physiological tasks while demonstrating what happens to the body when a system does not function properly. Each module includes audio and visual elements that complement the most important content and concepts from the text, along with a set of lessons for specific anatomic and physiologic concepts. Whether you're looking for a full online course, or resources to help you build your own course, Anatomy and Physiology Online is the perfect tool to help bring A&P to life for your students.
- Over 300 full-color illustrations, photographs, and micrographs simplify difficult concepts and complex processes, accurately depicting anatomy, physiology, and disease.
- More than 120 state-of-the-art, full-color animations with narration clarify anatomic and physiologic processes and provide a realistic graphic foundation of underlying structures and functions.
- More than 300 interactive exercises use a variety of engaging activities such as identification, sequencing, crosswords, and more to make learning easier and bring science to life.
- A complete glossary of terms with definitions and audio pronunciations facilitate mastery of key terms and concepts.
- Lesson self-assessment quizzes and module exams assess your understanding of the content presented.
- NEW! Updated content matches material from the text.
- NEW! Animations from acclaimed Elsevier collection bring difficult concepts to life.
1. Introduction to the Human Body
2. Basic Chemistry
4. Microbiology Basics
5. Tissues and Membranes
6. The Integumentary System and Body Temperature
7. The Skeletal System
8. The Muscular System
9. The Nervous System
10. The Sensory System
11. The Endocrine System
13. The Heart
14. The Blood Vessels and Circulation
15. The Lymphatic System and Immune System
16. The Respiratory System
17. The Digestive System
18. The Urinary System
19. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
20. The Reproductive System
21. Human Development and Heredity
Barbara Herlihy, PhD(Physiology), RN, Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions,University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, TX
This product is available in the following formats: