Physical Examination and Health Assessment Online for Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination, 9th Edition
Master physical examination and health assessment skills with an interactive online course. Corresponding to Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination, 9th Edition, Physical Examination and Health Assessment Online facilitates learning of key physical examination and health assessment skills and makes it easier for you to comprehend the material with a rich collection of interactive modules, video clips, animations, interactive activities, and interactive review questions. Self-paced learning modules with capstone case studies for each body system help you understand and apply physical exam and health assessment principles and techniques. This updated online course is designed to work as an independent learning experience or as a complement to classroom lectures and clinical laboratory experiences.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Interactive activities foster deep learning of assessment techniques, terms, and findings, with a variety of interactive exercises and immediate remediation.
- Capstone cases for each body system demonstrate the realities of clinical practice and promote the application of assessment skills in safe, simulated experiences.
- Interactive, multiple-choice review questions provide the opportunity for self-assessment, with rationales to reinforce understanding of essential content.
- Self-paced learning modules walk you through an anatomy and physiology review, subjective data collection, objective data collection, documentation, and review of abnormal findings for each body system.
- Video clips and animations demonstrate how to conduct exams on patients of various ages, ethnicities, and genders, and bring important anatomic and physiologic processes to life.
- Audio clips demonstrate actual heart, lung, and abdominal sounds, so you can hear and review real-life audio findings.
- Audio glossary includes key physical exam and health assessment terms with audio pronunciations.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest research findings and evidence-based practice ensuring congruence with the Ball/Seidel textbook.
- NEW! 3-D Animations show anatomic illustrations and physiologic processes, bringing important anatomic and physiologic processes to life.
- NEW! Revised content ensures case studies and other examples aren’t specific to any one profession.
- NEW! Revised Memory Match activities improve usability and reduce "cognitive load."
- NEW! Revised graphic design in Self-Paced Learning Modules improves usability and increased comprehension.
- Self-Paced Learning Modules with Capstone Case Studies:
- Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Head and Neck
- Ears, Nose, and Throat
- Chest and Lungs
- Blood Vessels
- Breasts and Axillae
- Female Genitalia
- Male Genitalia
- Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
- Musculokeletal System
- Neurologic System
- Audio Clips
- Audio Glossary
- Interactive Activities
- Multiple-Choice Review Questions
- Video Clips
Jane W. Ball, RN, DrPH, CPNP, Trauma Systems Consultant, American College of Surgeons, Gaithersburg, MD, Joyce E. Dains, DrPH, JD, RN, FNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP, Associate Professor, Department of Nursing, The University of Texas; The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, John A. Flynn, MD, MBA, MEd, Professor of Medicine, Chief Physician and Dean for Clinical Affairs, and Director of the Faculty Practice Plan, The University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, IL, Barry S Solomon, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Medical Director, Harriet Lane Clinic, Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD and Rosalyn W Stewart, MD, MS, MBA, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD