Study Guide for The Human Body in Health and Illness, 7th Edition
Help your students get the most out of the Herlihy A&P textbook! Corresponding to the chapters in The Human Body in Health and Illness, 7th Edition, this study guide makes it easy to understand, remember, and apply basic Anatomy & Physiology. Engaging exercises, activities, and quizzes help students learn the most important A&P terminology and key concepts.
- Each chapter includes three parts:
- Mastering the Basics with matching, ordering, labeling, diagram reading, similars and dissimilars, and coloring exercises.
- Putting It All Together including multiple-choice practice quizzes and case studies.
- Challenge Yourself! featuring critical thinking questions and puzzles.
- Coloring activities help you study and remember the details of anatomy.
- Page references from the textbook are included with the questions, helping you locate the information needed for self-remediation.
- Objectives at the beginning of each chapter reinforce the learning goals of the textbook and set a framework for study.
- NEW! Updated content throughout matches the new and revised content and new emphases of the 7th edition of Herlihy’s The Human Body in Health and Illness textbook.
1. Introduction to the Human Body
2. Basic Chemistry
4. Cell Metabolism
5. Microbiology Basics
6. Tissues and Membranes
7. Integumentary System and Body Temperature
8. Skeletal System
9. Muscular System
10. Nervous System: Nervous Tissue and Brain
11. Nervous System: Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerves
12. Autonomic Nervous System
13. Sensory System
14. Endocrine System
16. Anatomy of the Heart
17. Function of the Heart
18. Anatomy of the Blood Vessels
19. Functions of the Blood Vessels
20. Lymphatic System
21. Immune System
22. Respiratory System
23. Digestive System
24. Urinary System
25. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
26. Reproductive Systems
27. Human Development and Heredity
Barbara Herlihy, PhD(Physiology), RN, Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions,University of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio, TX