Study Guide for The Human Body in Health & Disease, 8th Edition
Reinforce your understanding of the concepts in Patton’s The Human Body in Health & Disease! Corresponding to the chapters in the text, this study guide reviews essential medical terminology, concepts, and processes related to anatomy and physiology, and explains how body systems function in health and disease. Each chapter begins with a quick synopsis of the key points in the textbook chapter. A variety of exercises make it easier to review and apply key concepts, and labeling of anatomy drawings helps in learning anatomical terms and structures.
- Know your Medical Terms feature helps familiarize you with the various word parts used in medical terminology and pairs nicely with the Language of Medicine word lists in the main text to reinforce medical terminology concepts that are key to understanding A&P.
- Brief synopsis of core textbook concepts provides a comprehensive review of essential content.
- Crossword Puzzles and Word Finds help you master new vocabulary terms.
- Application Questions ask you to make judgments based on the information in the chapter.
- Diagrams and labeling exercises help reinforce where the structures of the body are located.
- Matching and fill-in-the-blank exercises aid in understanding chapter content.
- Answers to exercises are provided in the back of the guide, along with references to the appropriate textbook page and the textbook objective, so that you can easily find where the material is presented.
- Study tips in the Preface provide an overview of the most effective methods for learning and retaining information.
Chapter 1 Introduction to the Body
Chapter 2 Chemistry of Life
Chapter 3 Cells
Chapter 4 Tissues
Chapter 5 Organ Systems
Chapter 6 Mechanisms of Disease
Chapter 7 Skin & Membranes
Chapter 8 Skeletal System
Chapter 9 Muscular System
Chapter 10 Nervous System
Chapter 11 Senses
Chapter 12 Endocrine System
Chapter 13 Blood
Chapter 14 Heart & Heart Disease
Chapter 15 Circulation of Blood
Chapter 16 Lymphatic System & Immunity
Chapter 17 Respiratory System
Chapter 18 Digestive System
Chapter 19 Nutrition & Metabolism
Chapter 20 Urinary System
Chapter 21 Fluid & Electrolyte Balance
Chapter 22 Acid–Base Balance
Chapter 23 Reproductive Systems
Chapter 24 Growth, Development, & Aging
Chapter 25 Genetics & Genetic Diseases
Answers to Exercises
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Life Sciences,St. Charles Community College Cottleville, MO Professor of Human Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (HAPI adjunct) Northeast College of Health Sciences Seneca Falls, NY, Frank Bell, DC, MSHAPI, Adjunct Assistant Professor MS in Human Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (MSHAPI) Program Northeast College of Health Sciences Seneca Falls, NY, Terry Thompson, MS, MSHAPI, Professor Emeritus of Biological Sciences Wor-Wic Community College President Emeritus - HAPS Salisbury, MD, Peggie Williamson, PT, DPT, MS, MSHAPI, University of Mary Hardin DPT Program Baylor in Belton, TX Bellah Therapies, LLC Harker Heights, TX and Eric L Sun, PhD, Associate Dean and Professor of Biology School of Health and Natural Sciences Middle Georgia State University