Nursing Care Plans - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Provide your students with the building blocks they need to create customized nursing care plans, now with evidence-based ICNP® diagnoses! Covering 225 of the most common medical-surgical nursing diagnoses and clinical problems, Gulanick & Myers’ Nursing Care Plans: Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes, 10th Edition features two new chapters, and 19 new care plans, each reflecting the latest evidence-based guidelines and national and international treatment protocols. It also features highlighted QSEN competencies and a clear differentiation of nursing and collaborative interventions. New to this edition are ICNP diagnoses, care plans on LGBTQ health issues and on electrolytes and acid-base balance, and a new Online Care Planner that makes it easier to customize care plans. The #1 care planning book is better than ever and will help students learn to think like a nurse!!
- 61 patient problem care plans include the most common/important patient problems, providing the building blocks for you to create your own individualized care plans.
- 164 disorder care plans cover virtually every common medical-surgical condition, organized by body system.
- Patient problem care plan format includes a definition/explanation of the diagnosis, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Disorder care plan format covers synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a definition, common related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Prioritized care planning guidance internally organizes care plans from "actual" to "risk" diagnoses, from general to specific interventions, and from independent to collaborative/interprofessional interventions, to help you select the most important, priority interventions for your particular patients.
- NEW! Updated care plans are now based on the evidence-based, complete, and internationally accepted International Classification of Nursing Practice (ICNP®) nursing diagnoses.
- NEW! 19 all-new care plans are featured in this edition.
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the most current evidence-based practice and national and international guidelines.
- NEW! Online Care Planner on the Evolve website allows you to easily generate customized care plans based on the book’s content.
- NEW! Improved focus on core content includes several care plans that have been moved from the book’s Evolve website.
1. Using Nursing Care Plans to Individualize and Improve Care
2. Nursing Diagnosis Care Plans
3. Patient Readiness for Health Promotion
4. Care Plans for Clinical Problems
5. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
6. Cardiac and Vascular Care Plans
7. Pulmonary Care Plans
8. Neurological Care Plans
9. Gastrointestinal and Digestive Care Plans
10. Musculoskeletal Care Plans
11. Cancer Care Plans
12. Hematolymphatic, Immunologic, and Oncologic Care Plans
13. Renal and Urinary Tract Care Plans
14. Men's and Women's Health Care Plans
15. Endocrine and Metabolic Care Plans
16. Integumentary Care Plans
Meg Gulanick, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus,Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing,Loyola University,Chicago, Illinois and Judith L. Myers, MSN, RN, Formerly Assistant Professor of Nursing,Grand View University,Des Moines, IA