Study Guide for Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 11th Edition
Ensure that students learn how to think critically and perform competently in the clinical setting! Correlating to chapters in Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 11th Edition, this study guide provides additional activities, review questions, and exercises designed to prepare students to work in a modern medical office. Content aligns to the new 2022 medical assisting educational competencies and provides procedure checklists and video evaluations to help students track their mastery of clinical skills. This essential companion provides the practice students need to prepare for successful careers in the fast-paced world of medical assisting!
- Critical thinking activities with realistic situations help students analyze and apply what they’ve learned with games, role-playing situations, crossword puzzles, and independent study questions.
- Focus on competency mastery includes worksheets to practice key skills and evaluation forms to assess proficiency.
- Assignment sheets at the beginning of chapters help students stay organized and document their progress.
- NEW! 2022 CAAHEP medical assisting competencies throughout represent the latest educational standards.
- NEW! Updated content addresses changes in the medical record, nutritional guidelines, OSHA standards for infection control and prevention, emergency preparedness, and more.
- REVISED! Self-assessment opportunities allow students to perform quick comprehension checks, including pre-tests, post-tests, and key-term assessments.
1 The Medical Record and Health History
2 Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard
3 Sterilization and Disinfection
4 Vital Signs
5 The Physical Examination
6 Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures
7 Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
8 The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
9 The Pediatric Examination
10 Minor Office Surgery
11 Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy
12 Cardiopulmonary Procedures
13 Colorectal and Male Reproductive Tests and Procedures
14 Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
15 Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
19 Blood Chemistry and Immunology
20 Medical Microbiology
22 Emergency Preparedness and Protective Practices
23 Emergency Medical Procedures and First Aid
Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Professor Emeritus, Medical Assistant Program, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH; Former Member, Curriculum Review Board American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), Chicago, IL