Pathophysiology, 7th Edition
Develop the strong foundation in pathophysiology you need to guide your patient care! Exploring the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of diseases and disorders, Pathophysiology, 7th Edition focuses on the major alterations in the homeostasis of body systems to provide you with a unifying framework. Current scientific findings and relevant global research are integrated throughout the book, with chapters organized by body system, beginning with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology. Each chapter includes a discussion of the disease processes and abnormalities that may occur, with a focus on the pathophysiologic concepts involved. Practical learning resources emphasize critical thinking and help simplify this rigorous subject. Updated, full-color illustrations and photos throughout enable you to visualize disease and disease processes and gain a clearer understanding of the material.
- Easy-to-read style is simplified by input from readability experts, and includes many tables, boxes, and figures to highlight key content.
- Thorough content updates include the latest information on new treatment advances, over 100 new figures for improved clarity, and much more throughout the text.
- Global Health Care boxes highlight global healthcare concerns such as COVID-19, HIV/AIDS, Ebola, and more, with information on prevalence, mechanism of disease, and transmission.
- User-friendly learning resources in the text include chapter outlines, bolded key terms, key questions, Key Points boxes, Clinical Judgment challenges, and chapter summaries.
- Pediatric and Geriatric Considerations boxes include brief analyses of age-related changes associated with specific body systems.
- More than 1,000 illustrations help clarify complex pathophysiological concepts and make the book visually appealing.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN)-style case studies on the companion Evolve website help strengthen your clinical judgment skills in preparation for the new item types on the exam.
- NEW! COVID-19 coverage includes the most current scientific findings, prevalence, mechanism of disease, transmission, and treatment implications.
Jacquelyn L. Banasik, PhD, ARNP, Associate Professor, WSU Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, WA