Robbins & Kumar Basic Pathology, Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 11th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
- Includes fully updated clinical topics throughout.
- Features high-quality photomicrographs, gross photos, and radiologic images, as well as new artwork and over 150 new schematic diagrams that help summarize key or complex disease mechanisms.
- Contains a new Rapid Review section that uses bulleted summary boxes to deliver essential take-home messages and help you focus on the fundamentals.
- Includes tables of relevant laboratory tests for each chapter that link pathophysiology of disease and diagnostic testing.
- Highlights pathogenesis, morphology, and pathophysiologic content throughout.
- Features increased representation of diverse populations throughout the text, including clinical photographs of skin lesions in multiple skin types and a new section on the role of socially defined race in health disparities.
CHAPTER 1 Cell Injury, Cell Death, and Adaptations
CHAPTER 2 Inflammation and Repair
CHAPTER 3 Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolism, and Shock
CHAPTER 4 Genetic and Pediatric Diseases
CHAPTER 5 Diseases of the Immune System
CHAPTER 6 Neoplasia
CHAPTER 7 Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
CHAPTER 8 Blood Vessels
CHAPTER 9 Heart
CHAPTER 10 Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Systems
CHAPTER 11 Lung
CHAPTER 12 Kidney and Its Collecting System
CHAPTER 13 Oral Cavities and Gastrointestinal Tract
CHAPTER 14 Liver and Gallbladder
CHAPTER 15 Pancreas and Biliary System
CHAPTER 16 Male Genital System and Lower Urinary Tract
CHAPTER 17 Female Genital System and Breast
CHAPTER 18 Endocrine System
CHAPTER 19 Bones, Joints, and Soft Tissue Tumors
CHAPTER 20 Peripheral Nerves and Muscles
CHAPTER 21 Central Nervous System
CHAPTER 22 Skin
Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Emeritus Professor, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, Jon C. Aster, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts and Andrea T Deyrup, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor
Department of Pathology
Duke University Medical Center