Pathophysiology Online for Gould's Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 7th Edition
Reinforce student understanding of pathophysiology with this dynamic, easy-to-use online course! With modules corresponding to the chapters in Gould's Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 7th Edition, Pathophysiology Online provides narrated animations, slide shows, and interactive exercises to help students master concepts relating to disorders and disease processes. It presents information in small "chunks" for easier comprehension, using a case-based approach to encourage critical thinking and show the application of pathophysiology concepts to real-world practice. Ideal for students in the health professions, Pathophysiology Online makes it easy to review and master the fundamentals of pathophysiology.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the revisions in Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 7th Edition textbook.
- NEW! The Bigger Picture bulleted summaries identify other body systems that might be affected by a disease or disorder found in a specific body system.
- NEW coverage of COVID-19 is added, as well as new information on other conditions and diseases.
- NEW diagnostic methods and treatments are covered, showing how these are impacted by digitalization, information technology, and artificial intelligence.
- NEW! Updated statistics on diseases and their related pathophysiology are included in the modules.
- NEW photographs and illustrations are added.
Section I: Pathophysiology: Background and Overview 1. Introduction to Pathophysiology 2. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances 3. Introduction to Basic Pharmacology and Other Common Therapies 4. Pain
Section II: Defense/Protective 5. Inflammation and Healing 6. Infection 7. Immunity
Section III: Pathophysiology of Body Systems 8. Skin Disorders 9. Musculoskeletal Disorders 10. Blood and the Circulatory System 11. Lymphatic System Disorders 12. Cardiovascular System Disorders 13. Respiratory System Disorders 14. Neurological Disorders 15. Eyes, Ears and Other Sensory Organs 16. Endocrine Disorders 17. Digestive System Disorders 18. Urinary System Disorders 19. Reproductive System Disorders 20. Neoplasms and Cancer
Section IV: Factors Contributing to Pathophysiology 21. Congenital and Genetic Disorders 22. Complications Due to Pregnancy 23. Complications Due to Adolescence 24. Complications Due to Aging
Section V: Environmental Factors and Pathophysiology 25. Immobility and Associated Problems 26. Stress and Associated Problems 27. Substance Abuse and Associated Problems 28. Environmental Hazards and Associated Problems
Karin C. VanMeter, PhD, Lecturer, Iowa State University, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ames, Iowa and Robert J. Hubert, BS, Laboratory Coordinator, Iowa State University, Department of Animal Sciences, Ames, Iowa.
This product is available in the following formats: