Gould's Pathophysiology for the Health Professions - Binder Ready, 7th Edition
Help students learn the fundamentals of pathophysiology with this concise, easy-to-understand text! Gould's Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 7th Edition helps your students master basic concepts of disorders and disease processes. Known for its readability and vivid, full-color illustrations, this text describes disorders by body system and includes case studies applying the material to real-life situations. This edition is updated with the latest research and the newest methods of diagnostic testing and treatment. Written by experienced clinicians and educators Karin C. VanMeter and Robert J. Hubert, this book provides solid preparation for the conditions commonly encountered in clinical practice.
- UNIQUE! Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to use what you’ve learned to predict What can go wrong with this structure or system?, transitioning you from the body’s normal anatomy and physiology into its pathophysiology.
- UNIQUE! Think About questions relate to the text’s facts, potential applications, or the integration of concepts, alerting you to important points and helping with self-evaluation, test preparation, and review.
- Case studies provide realistic, clinical applications of the book’s concepts.
- Format for discussions of individual disorders follows a "building block" approach, making understanding easier with 1) background, 2) pathophysiology, 3) etiology, 4) signs and symptoms, 5) diagnostic tests, 6) complications, and 7) treatment.
- Concise and readable approach presents the content in a way that doesn’t overwhelm the reader and yet familiarizes you with necessary scientific and medical terminology.
- Hundreds of illustrations clarify and reinforce pathophysiology concepts with photographs, flow charts, and schematic diagrams.
- NEW! The Bigger Picture bulleted summaries identify other body systems that might be affected by a particular disease or disorder covered in a body system chapter.
- NEW coverage of COVID-19 is added, as well as new information on other conditions and diseases.
- NEW diagnostic methods and treatments are covered, describing how these are impacted by digitalization, information technology, and artificial intelligence.
- NEW! Updated statistics on diseases and their related pathophysiology are included.
- NEW photographs and illustrations are added.
Karin C. VanMeter, PhD, Lecturer, Iowa State University, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ames, Iowa and Robert J Hubert, BS, Laboratory Coordinator, Iowa State University, Department of Animal Sciences, Ames, Iowa.