Study Guide for Understanding Pharmacology - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
This study guide for Understanding Pharmacology: Essentials for Medication Safety, 3rd Edition offers content review and a wide range of engaging activities and medication safety practice questions to help you master pharmacology concepts, learn drug safety, and practice dosage calculation.
- A variety of learning activities, including matching, fill-in-the-blank, true/false, identification, and multiple-choice questions, plus crossword puzzles, help reinforce learning.
- Medication Safety Practice sections emphasize important safety concepts related to medication administration.
- Practice quizzes, comprised of multiple-choice and select-all-that-apply questions for the NCLEX®, assess students’ knowledge of important chapter concepts to prepare them for the NCLEX-PN® and NCLEX-RN® Examinations.
- Reader-friendly writing style and organization increases understanding for entry-level students.
- NEW! Case studies for the Next Generation NCLEX® in clinical chapters help students practice for the next generation licensure exam.
- Updated exercises cover newly approved pharmaceutical treatments and drugs.
1. Drug Therapy: Roles, Regulations, Actions, and Responses
2. Safely Preparing and Giving Drugs
3. Mathematics Review and Introduction to Dosage Calculations
4. Medical Systems of Weights and Measures
5. Dosage Calculation of Intravenous Solutions and Drugs
6. Anti-Infectives: Antibacterial Drugs
7. Anti-Infectives: Antiviral Drugs
8. Anti-Infectives: Antitubercular and Antifungal Drugs
9. Drugs for Pain Control, Migraines, and Skeletal Muscle Spasms
10. General Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
11. Immunizations and Immunosuppressant Drugs
12. Drugs That Affect Urine Output
13. Drug Therapy for Hypertension
14. Drug Therapy for Heart Failure
15. Drug Therapy for Dysrhythmias
16. Drug Therapy for High Blood Lipids
17. Drugs That Affect Blood Clotting
18. Drug Therapy for Asthma and Other Respiratory Problems
19. Drug Therapy for Gastrointestinal Problems
20. Drug Therapy for Gastric Ulcers, Reflux, and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
21. Drug Therapy for Diabetes
22. Drug Therapy for Thyroid and Adrenal Gland Problems
23. Drug Therapy for Seizures
24. Drug Therapy for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases
25. Drug Therapy for Psychiatric Problems
26. Drug Therapy for Insomnia
27. Drug Therapy for Eye Problems
28. Drug Therapy for Male Reproductive Problems
29. Drug Therapy for Female Reproductive Problems
M. Linda Workman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Visiting Professor, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, Linda Lea Kerby, RNC, BSN, MA, Educational Consultant, Mastery Educational Consultations, Leawood, KS, Linda A. LaCharity, PhD, RN, Formerly, Accelerated Program Director and Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, Jennifer A. Ponto, RN, BSN, Instructor, Department of Vocational Nursing, South Plains College, Levelland, TX and Julie S. Snyder, MSN, RN-BC, Performance Improvement Coordinator, Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, Chesapeake, Virginia; Adjunct Faculty, School of Nursing, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia.