Understanding Nursing Research Elsevier Ebook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Edition after edition, Burns & Grove’s Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice has been known as a leading textbook of nursing research for evidence-based practice (EBP), identified as a competency in the 2021 AACN Essentials and a key emphasis the Next-Generation NCLEX® Examination (NGN). This updated and enhanced 8th edition gives your students even sharper insights into critical appraisal of published studies for evidence-based nursing practice. Known for its authoritative content, its time-tested systematic approach, and its unique research example format — the new 8th edition of this bestselling textbook features updated content throughout, including current examples of high-quality studies, along with new Research/Evidence-Based Practice Tips boxes and enhanced use of tables, boxes, and illustrations for improved learning.
- Clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and critical appraisal skills, identified as a competency in the 2021 AACN Essentials and a key emphasis of the Next-Generation NCLEX® Examination (NGN).
- Strong focus on EBP helps you develop skills in appraising and applying published studies, demonstrating how to apply evidence to clinical practice.
- Authoritative content is written by pioneers and practitioners of nursing research who offer unique, firsthand insights into the field.
- Balanced coverage of qualitative and quantitative research shows how to approach published studies with an unbiased view of the researcher's methodology.
- Research Examples are updated with high-quality nursing research and quality improvement studies showing how to critically appraise the nursing literature.
- Critical Appraisal Guidelines boxes provide step-by-step guidance in critically appraising published research studies.
- Summary tables, illustrations, and boxes promote in-depth learning of processes and approaches for today’s increasingly evidence-based clinical practice.
- Introduction to mixed-methods and outcomes research examines these increasingly popular methodologies in nursing research.
- NEW! Updated content throughout the book focuses on the most relevant, need-to-know information to help you understand the research and evidence-based practice (EBP) processes.
- NEW! Research / Evidence-Based Practice Tips provide expert advice to help you critically appraise published studies for application to clinical practice.
1 Introduction to Nursing Research and Its Importance in Building an Evidence-Based Practice
2 Introduction to Quantitative Research
3 Introduction to Qualitative Research
4 Examining Ethics in Nursing Research
5 Examining Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses
6 Understanding and Critically Appraising the Literature Review
7 Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks
8 Clarifying Quantitative Research Designs
9 Examining Populations and Samples in Research
10 Clarifying Measurement and Data Collection in Quantitative Research
11 Understanding Statistics in Research
12 Critical Appraisal of Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Nursing Practice
13 Building an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
14 Introduction to Additional Research Methodologies in Nursing: Mixed Methods and Outcomes Research
Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Grand Prairie, Texas and Jennifer R. Gray, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean, College of Professional Studies, Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, Oklahoma; Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas