Fundamentals of Nursing - Binder Ready, 3rd Edition
Give your students a solid foundation in the knowledge and skills needed to succeed as a nurse! Designed specifically for today’s students, Fundamentals of Nursing, 3rd Edition takes a fresh, conversational approach that is friendlier than typical books on nursing fundamentals. To make understanding easier, the book introduces basic information first and then follows with progressively more nuanced and complex nursing concepts. Practical exercises provide a unique kind of active learning, allowing students to apply concepts to actual patient care. Even care planning is different, as authors Barbara L. Yoost and Lynne R. Crawford are pioneers of conceptual care mapping — a visual, holistic way of making clinical judgments and planning patient care. Essentially, this text offers an easier, fundamentally different way for students to learn the nursing profession!
- UNIQUE! Building-block approach uses review questions and exam questions tied to learning objectives, starting at lower Bloom's taxonomy levels in the early chapters and building to more complex levels as you acquire more knowledge.
- UNIQUE! Warm, friendly writing style introduces concepts and terms more slowly, giving you time to practice, think critically, and gain mastery.
- Case studies open each chapter with real-world scenarios, helping you build analytical, critical thinking, and clinical judgment skills.
- Coverage of complementary therapies is integrated throughout the text, reflecting changes to the NCLEX® exam.
- Emphasis on assignment and delegation describes the differences between the two skills, and how and when they are appropriate for an RN.
- UNIQUE! Objective-driven approach presents clearly defined, numbered learning objectives that coordinate with all content and then wrap up with Objective Summaries.
- UNIQUE! Active learning activities help you apply chapter content to broader nursing concepts and realistic patient scenarios.
- UNIQUE! Conceptual care mapping is used throughout the text in conjunction with the Conceptual Care Map creator to help you develop clinical judgment and plans of care.
- Boxed features cover the areas of interprofessional collaboration and delegation, ethical and legal practice, patient education and healthy literacy, health assessment questions, diversity considerations, evidence-based practice and informatics, home care considerations, QSEN, and safe practice alerts.
- NEW! Clinical Judgment in Nursing chapter introduces the concept of clinical judgment and the six NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model Skills.
- NEW! Clinical judgment steps are integrated within the nursing process.
Barbara L Yoost, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF