Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
At the point of care, this clinical companion will be your students’ best friend! Containing hard-to-remember clinical information, Yoost’s Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing, 3rd Edition provides quick access to thousands of facts, lab values, assessment guidelines, abbreviations with definitions, and more. Bulleted lists and summary tables make it easy to look up the details essential to providing safe, patient-centered care. This handbook is more than just a condensed version of the text — it’s a portable tool that enhances clinical judgment. It’s an indispensable nursing reference for students to use in class, lab, and clinicals!
- Thousands of basic facts and figures, standard lab values, care guidelines and more provide the information frequently needed in a reference for clinical practice.
- Concise outlines, bulleted lists, and summary tables allow easy, at-a-glance lookup and review.
- Medical, Nursing, and Health Professions Terminology chapter acts as a quick medical terminology refresher and helps you understand clinical terms as they are encountered.
- Detailed information on medication administration includes drug dosage calculations, conversions, IV infusions, and more, helping you prevent medication errors and ensuring safe practice.
- Chapters on body system assessment help you learn a systematic and thorough approach to health assessment.
- Guidelines for pressure ulcer prevention and care can be referenced quickly while on the job.
- Compact, portable size makes this handbook easy to carry during clinical practice.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest care standards throughout the Fundamentals of Nursing, 3rd Edition text.
- NEW! Clinical Judgment chapter helps you learn how to develop and apply clinical judgment skills in the clinical setting.
1. Medical, Nursing, and Health Professions Terminology
3. Interprofessional Collaboration and Delegation
4. Nursing Process and Care Planning
5. Clinical Judgment (NEW!)
7. Patient Interview
8. Vital Signs
9. Physical Assessment
10. Pain Assessment
11. Skin, Hair, Nail Assessment
12. Head, Ears, Eyes, Nose, and Throat Assessment
13. Respiratory Assessment
14. Cardiac and Peripheral Vascular Assessment
15. Musculoskeletal Assessment
16. Neurological Assessment
17. Abdominal Assessment
18. Breast and Genital Assessment
20. Equivalents and Dosage Calculation
21. Medication Administration
22. Infection Control
23. Mobility and Positioning
24. Personal Care
25. Wound Care
26. Oxygen Administration
27. Nutrition and Diets
28. Diagnostic Testing and Procedures
29. Preoperative and Postoperative Care
30. Emergent Clinical Situations
31. Death and Dying
Barbara L Yoost, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF and Lynne R Crawford, MSN, MBA, RN, CNE