Nursing Skills Online Version 5.0 for Concept-Based Clinical Nursing Skills, 2nd Edition
Help your students master clinical nursing skills with this dynamic online course! Nursing Skills Online 5.0 reinforces learning with interactive modules organized around the nursing process. Corresponding to Stein & Hollen’s Concept-Based Clinical Nursing Skills, 2nd Edition textbook, NSO includes case studies and critical thinking tasks to help students apply what they’ve learned to realistic patient situations. Content is presented in brief, manageable chunks, providing theory and rationales, step-by-step videos showing how to perform skills, and exercises asking students to analyze situations and respond with the most effective clinical care. Feedback from hundreds of students indicates that they value the time spent using NSO and credit it with helping them improve their grades!
- Case studies with concept maps depict patients with problems that might be encountered in the clinical setting, and are followed in every module with a series of critical thinking questions.
- Critical concepts of skills performance are reinforced throughout the course, including accuracy, client-centered care, infection control, safety, communication, evaluation, and health maintenance.
- NCLEX® examination-style language and concepts help to prepare you for the NCLEX exam.
- Concept-based approach to skills education pairs well with the Giddens framework for conceptual learning.
- NEW! Coverage of clinical judgment skills and Next Generation NCLEX® question types challenges you to use clinical judgment and apply critical thinking.
Module 1: Infection Control
Module 2: Specimen Collection
Module 3: Vital Signs
Module 4: Safe Medication Preparation
Module 5: Administration of Nonparenteral Medications
Module 6: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Injections
Module 7: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Intravenous Medications
Module 8: Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Module 9: Caring for Central Vascular Access Devices (CVAD)
Module 10: Maintenance of Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Module 11: Blood Therapy
Module 12: Safety
Module 13: Airway Management
Module 14: Cardiac Care
Module 15: Closed Chest Drainage Systems
Module 16: Enteral Nutrition
Module 17: Urinary Catheterization
Module 18: Bowel Elimination/Ostomy Care
Module 19: Wound Care
Loren Stein, MSN, RNC-NIC, College of Nursing,University of Oklahoma Health Science Center and Connie J Hollen, RN, MS, College of Nursing,University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
This product is available in the following formats: