Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual for Kinn's The Clinical Medical Assistant - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 15th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Designed to support the trusted content in Kinn’s The Clinical Medical Assistant, 15th Edition, this study guide is an essential review and practice companion to reinforce key concepts, encourage critical thinking, and help students apply medical assisting content. This robust companion guide offers a wide range of activities to reinforce students’ understanding of common clinical skills — including certification preparation questions, a review of medical terminology and anatomy, and application exercises. Trusted for more than 65 years as a key part of the student journey from classroom to career, it also features competency checklists and clearly defined rubrics to accurately measure your students’ performance from day one through graduation.
- Comprehensive coverage of all clinical procedures complies with accreditation requirements.
- Approximately 135 step-by-step procedure checklists enable you to assess and track your performance for every procedure included in the textbook.
- Chapter-by-chapter correlation with the textbook allows you to easily follow core textbook competencies.
- Matching and acronym activities reinforce your understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and chapter vocabulary.
- Short-answer and fill-in-the-blank exercises strengthen your comprehension of key concepts.
- Multiple-choice questions help you prepare for classroom and board exams.
- Workplace application exercises promote critical thinking and job readiness before you enter practice.
- Internet exercises offer ideas for expanded and project-based learning.
- NEW! Content aligns to 2022 medical assisting educational competencies.
- NEW! Advanced Clinical Skills unit features three new chapters on IV therapy, radiology basics, and radiology positioning to support expanded medical assisting functions.
- NEW! Coverage of telemedicine, enhanced infection control related to COVID-19, and catheterization.
- NEW! Procedures address IV therapy, limited-scope radiography, applying a sling, and coaching for stool collection.
- EXPANDED! Information on physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- EXPANDED! Content on specimen collection, including wound swab, nasal, and nasopharyngeal collections.
PART 1 – Introduction to Medical Assisting
- The Professional Medical Assistant and the Healthcare Team
- Health Records
- Introduction to Anatomy and Medical Terminology
- Infection Control
- Vital Signs
- Physical Examination
- Patient Coaching
- Nutrition and Health Promotion
- Surgical Supplies and Instruments
- Assisting with Surgical Procedures
- Principles of Electrocardiography
- Medical Emergencies
- Principles of Pharmacology
- Pharmacology Math
- Administering Medications
- Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- Allergy and Infectious Disease
- Orthopedics and Rheumatology
- Behavioral Health
- Urology and Male Reproduction
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
- Blood Collection
- Analysis of Blood
- Microbiology and Immunology
- NEW! Intravenous Therapy
- NEW! Radiology Basics
- NEW! Positioning for Radiology
PART 2 – Fundamentals of Clinical Medical Assisting
PART 3 – Assisting with Medications
PART 4 – Assisting with Medical Specialties
PART 5– Assisting with Clinical Laboratory Procedures
PART 6 – Advanced Clinical Skills
PART 7 – Job Seeking
Employment Skills and Strategies
Brigitte Niedzwiecki, RN, MSN, RMA, Medical Assistant Program Director & Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assisting Program Instructor, Health Navigator Program Director, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin