Dental Assisting Online (DAO) for Modern Dental Assisting, 14th Edition
Help students get more from your Modern Dental Assisting text with online videos and learning activities! Corresponding to the content in Robinson's bestselling Modern Dental Assisting, 14th Edition, Dental Assisting Online unpacks the book’s most challenging concepts and brings clinical procedures to life. Forty-two interactive modules include videos and animations, interactive exercises, quizzes, and exams with instant feedback and rationales. Realistic case studies and scenarios challenge students to apply what they have learned. Going beyond reading and memorization, Dental Assisting Online helps your students to master dental assisting procedures, think critically, and solve problems in the workplace.
- Correlation with Modern Dental Assisting, 14th Edition matches online modules to corresponding chapters in the textbook, with a reading assignment providing the background you need to work through the module.
- More than 1,500 images illustrate dental assisting concepts and procedures as well as equipment, materials, and situations.
- Interactive exercises reinforce key concepts with word building, identification and labeling, sequencing, fill-in, crosswords, and multiple-choice questions.
- Procedure videos and exercises help you learn to perform basic and advanced clinical skills and to demonstrate competency.
- A threaded case study follows a fictitious patient and his medical/dental histories, dental chart, and radiographs encouraging you to apply what you’ve learned for optimal patient care.
- Lesson quizzes and module exams test your mastery of content and include immediate feedback.
- NEW! Updated content reflects changes to the Modern Dental Assisting, 14th Edition textbook.
- NEW! Updated photos and illustrations add to an already robust art program of more than 1,500 images, illustrating dental assisting concepts and procedures as well as equipment, materials, and situations.
- NEW! Revised lesson quiz and module exam questions test student mastery of content and include immediate feedback, with results feeding directly into the instructor’s grade book.
1. Oral Embryology and Histology
2. Head and Neck Anatomy
3. Overview of the Dentitions
4. Tooth Morphology
5. Impact of Oral Public Health
7. Dental Caries
8. Periodontal Disease
9. Oral Pathology
10. Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention
11. Principles and Techniques of Disinfection
12. Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization
13. Chemical and Waste Management
14. The Patient’s Dental Record
15. Vital Signs
16. Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
17. The Special Needs and Medically Compromised Patient
18. Assisting in a Medical Emergency
19. Delivering Dental Care
20. Dental Hand Instruments
21. Dental Handpieces and Accessories
22. Moisture Control
23. Anesthesia and Pain Control
24. Foundation of Dental Radiography
25. Essential Methods in Dental Exposure and Processing
26. Intraoral Imaging
27. Extraoral Imaging
28. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
29. Dental Liners, Bases, and Bonding Systems
30. Dental Cements
31. Impression Materials and Methods
32. Laboratory Materials and Procedures
33. General Dentistry
34. Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry
35. Fixed Prosthodontics
36. Provisional Coverage
38. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
39. Coronal Polishing
40. Dental Sealants
41. Business Operating Systems
42. Financial Management in the Dental Office
Jeffrey R. Smith, DMD, Instructional Program Manager, Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene, Florida State College Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL and Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Former Research Associate, Department of Nutrition Gillings School of Global Public Health University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina
This product is available in the following formats: