Community/Public Health Nursing Online for Community/Public Health Nursing Practice, 5th Edition
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Reading assignments from the textbook are provided for each module.
- 14 modules represent the core concepts of community/public health nursing, with each module containing 2-3 case scenarios to help students apply content from the textbook to the real world.
- Each case scenario includes learning exercises and culminates with assessment questions that let you evaluate student comprehension.
- Immediate feedback is provided for all activities and assessments, helping students master the material and reinforcing their understanding.
- Student-friendly features make learning easier with objectives, case scenarios, learning activities, pop up screens, reading assignments, assessment quizzes, and critical thinking questions.
- Photographs and virtual-reality video depict client situations.
- Voiceovers, on-screen text, and visual cues are used, supporting diverse learning styles.
- A quiz in every module may be used to help students prepare for in-class exams or may be assigned by instructors as graded assessments.
- A variety of communications tools for instructors include real-time chat, a class calendar, a syllabus, e-mail connections, and bulletin and discussion boards.
- Online course management tools help instructors track student progress and mastery within each module.
- A user's guide includes complete instructions on how to get started, how to work through each section of the course, and a full description of features.
Looking Upstream (includes course navigation, introduction)
Unit One: The Foundations of Community/Public Health Nursing
Module 1: Community/Public Health Nursing: Population-Focused Practice
Module 2: Health Care Systems
Module 3: Economics of Health Care Delivery
Unit Two: Essential Skills of Community/Public Health Nursing
Module 4: Community Assessment
Module 5: Epidemiology
Module 6: Nursing Process in the Community
Module 7: Community Health Promotion
Module 8: Health Education
Unit Three: Community/Public Health Nursing in Context
Module 9: Family Health
Module 10: Environmental Health
Module 11: Ethical and Legal Challenges in the Community
Module 12: Vulnerable Populations
Module 13: Disaster Management
Module 14: The Future of Community/Public Health Nursing
Frances A. Maurer, MS, RN-BC, Community Health Educator and Consultant, Baltimore, Maryland and Claudia M. Smith, PhD, MPH, RN-BC, Community/Public Health Nursing Educator and Consultant, Bowie, Maryland