Does your instructor plan to use this product on Evolve (instead of a school's LMS - like Blackboard, etc)?
Using online exercises and realistic case scenarios, this course brings community health situations to life for students and provides them opportunities for decision-making and critical thinking. A modular format provides flexibility in teaching the course, allowing you to add to, delete from, and change content to fit your needs. Learning activities use a variety of engaging exercises to challenge your students. Fourteen modules are included, each with an introduction, learning objectives, a reading assignment, case scenarios with multiple learning activities, an assessment quiz, and critical thinking questions.
- Reading assignments from the textbook are provided for each module.
- 14 modules represent the core concepts of community/public health nursing, with each module containing 2-3 case scenarios to help students apply content from the textbook to the real world.
- Each case scenario includes learning exercises and culminates with assessment questions that let you evaluate student comprehension.
- Immediate feedback is provided for all activities and assessments, helping students master the material and reinforcing their understanding.
- Student-friendly features make learning easier with objectives, case scenarios, learning activities, pop up screens, reading assignments, assessment quizzes, and critical thinking questions.
- Photographs and virtual-reality video depict client situations.
- Voiceovers, on-screen text, and visual cues are used, supporting diverse learning styles.
- A quiz in every module may be used to help students prepare for in-class exams or may be assigned by instructors as graded assessments.
- A variety of communications tools for instructors include real-time chat, a class calendar, a syllabus, e-mail connections, and bulletin and discussion boards.
- Online course management tools help instructors track student progress and mastery within each module.
- A user's guide includes complete instructions on how to get started, how to work through each section of the course, and a full description of features.
Looking Upstream (includes course navigation, introduction)
Unit One: The Foundations of Community/Public Health Nursing
Module 1: Community/Public Health Nursing: Population-Focused Practice
Module 2: Health Care Systems
Module 3: Economics of Health Care Delivery
Unit Two: Essential Skills of Community/Public Health Nursing
Module 4: Community Assessment
Module 5: Epidemiology
Module 6: Nursing Process in the Community
Module 7: Community Health Promotion
Module 8: Health Education
Unit Three: Community/Public Health Nursing in Context
Module 9: Family Health
Module 10: Environmental Health
Module 11: Ethical and Legal Challenges in the Community
Module 12: Vulnerable Populations
Module 13: Disaster Management
Module 14: The Future of Community/Public Health Nursing