Nursing Skills Online 4.0 for Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 6th Edition
Learn to master the techniques and critical thinking required to perform some of the most important nursing skills you’ll need on the job. Developed specifically for Canadian health care practice, Nursing Skills Online 4.0 includes 19 modules with realistic, case-based lessons that focus on 66 skills that are difficult to master or pose the greatest risk to patient safety. Lesson content — which corresponds to Potter and Perry’s Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 6th Edition (or Canadian Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, First Edition) — is chunked into easy-to-digest sections and paired with interactive exercises to help you learn to properly analyse a situation and respond with the most effective clinical care. Each lesson also uses a combination of videos, animations, slide shows, textbook reading assignments, and self-assessment tests to make learning easier and more dynamic. Feedback from hundreds of students indicates that they value the time spent using Nursing Skills Online and credit it with helping them improve their grades! Don’t miss out on all the benefits this dynamic learning tool has in store for you.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Case-based format takes a problem-oriented approach to help you think critically and gain exposure to real-life patient scenarios.
- Frequent interactivity helps you engage with content and makes understanding complex concepts easier.
- Self-assessment exercises enable you to test your knowledge of key concepts and provide correct answers and rationales for immediate feedback.
- Lesson post-tests give an immediate score upon your completion of the test. They even provide rationales for correct responses to reinforce and build on your understanding.
- Printable procedure guidelines enable you to study and learn anywhere you go.
- Repeatable exam functionality allows you to retake lesson exams, as desired, until you are confident of your mastery.
- Safety considerations screens address the global safety issues in play for the lesson topic.
- Patient-centred care screens address variations in approach to patients of varied cultures and ages during performance of the skill.
- Evidence-based practice icons link to recently published research articles and a brief discussion of how they have or may change practice.
- Teamwork and collaboration screens include information on delegation, as well as cooperation with other health care professionals who may have input in to patient welfare (physical therapists, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, etc.)
- Quality improvement exercises present critical thinking challenges that encourage you to use patient care data to improve outcomes.
- Video clips from Mosby’s Nursing Video Skills demonstrate updated techniques and procedures for students.
- Equipment and technique photos give you a clear picture of the equipment you will use on the job and the proper techniques needed to utilize that equipment.
- Easy-to-read format presents information in digestible ways with bullets and brief narratives.
- Interactive activities foster application of information, decision-making, critical thinking, and evaluation.
- Objectives, equipment lists, and delegation responsibilities are presented at the beginning of each lesson to help focus your attention.
- NEW! Updated content mirrors the lessons and latest information found in the sixth edition of Potter’s Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing.
- NEW! Cardiac Care module boosts your confidence in performing skills within this vital area of care.
Module 1: Safety
Module 2: Infection Control
Module 3: Specimen Collection
Module 4: Vital Signs
Module 5: Safe Medication Administration
Module 6: Nonparenteral Medication Administration
Module 7: Injections
Module 8: Airway Management
Module 9: Cardiac Care NEW!
Module 10: Chest Tubes
Module 11: Vascular Access
Module 12: Intravenous Fluid Administration
Module 13: Intravenous Fluid Therapy Management
Module 14: Intravenous Medication Administration
Module 15: Blood Therapy
Module 16: Enteral Nutrition
Module 17: Urinary Catheterization
Module 18: Bowel Elimination/Ostomy
Module 19: Wound Care
Nursing Skills Online 3.0 Survey (Student)
Nursing Skills Online 3.0 Survey (Instructor)
Online Course Updates
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois., Patricia A. Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, Illinois., Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Barbara J. Astle, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, School of Nursing; Director, MSN Program, Trinity Western University, Langley, British Columbia and Wendy Duggleby, RN, PhD, AOCN, Associate Dean Research and Nursing Research Chair Aging and Quality of Life; Director Innovations in Seniors Care Research Unit, Faculty of Nursing Level 3, Edmonton Clinic Health Academy, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta