Elsevier has partnered with Cerego to bring you a superior adaptive learning solution that uses their innovative memory management platform. This platform employs sophisticated, patented algorithms that allow learners to convert general information into personalized knowledge.
EAL is powered by patented algorithms
Elsevier Adaptive Learning combines the power of brain science with sophisticated, patented algorithms to create optimal learning conditions for each individual student.
- Content is organized to correspond chapter-by-chapter to their Elsevier textbook
- Each student’s memory strength is profiled at the course, chapter, and item level to identify learning and forgetting patterns
- Material is re-presented just before each student would naturally forget it to counteract memory decay
- A personalized learning pathway is established for each student based on their learning profile, memory map, and time required to demonstrate information mastery
- Individual study schedules reduce cognitive workload and train students to become more effective learners by automatically guiding the learning and review process
- New concepts are introduced in a fun and engaging way that makes students want to learn
- Information is presented in small, manageable pieces to match the way our brains learn best
Backed by brain science
Brain science tells us that every person learns, remembers — and yes, even forgets — information in basically the same way. If too much time passes between learning something and trying to remember it, chances are it will be forgotten. There is a moment, however, right before a piece of information is forgotten, when reintroducing it will help transfer knowledge to long-term memory.
Each person goes through this process at a different rate
Elsevier Adaptive Learning
Contact your Elsevier Education Solutions Consultant today to get started!