Student Laboratory Manual for Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Reinforce student understanding of physical examination and health assessment! Corresponding to the chapters in Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination, 10th Edition, the Student Laboratory Manual helps students in nursing and other health professions master the skills they need to perform a complete physical exam and health assessment. Engaging exercises and activities help students learn to conduct health history interviews, develop critical thinking skills, and apply their knowledge to clinical practice. It’s both a comprehensive lab manual and a practical workbook!
- Review features in each chapter include learning objectives, a terminology review, applications to clinical practice, clinical case studies, clinical reasoning case studies, and critical thinking questions.
- Content review questions include multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and matching questions, plus labeling of anatomical drawings.
- Clinical reasoning problems provide practice in analyzing patient information and managing interactions with patients.
- Case studies ask students to apply assessment skills to clinical scenarios.
- Patient safety and healthcare quality are emphasized, as well as clinical and diagnostic reasoning.
- An engaging interactive review begins each chapter.
- NEW! Updated content throughout the book corresponds to the updated clinical content, features, and emphases of Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination, 10th Edition.
1. The History
2. Vital Signs and Pain Assessment
3. Mental Status
4. Growth and Nutrition
5. Skin, Hair, and Nails
6. Lymphatic System
7. Head and Neck
9. Ears, Nose, and Throat
10. Chest and Lungs
12. Blood Vessels
13. Breasts and Axillae
15. Female Genitalia
16. Male Genitalia
17. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
18. Musculoskeletal System
19. Neurologic System
20. Head-to-Toe Examination: Adult
21. Age-Specific Examination: Infants, Children, and Adolescents
22. Age-Specific Examination: Special Populations and Older Adults
23. The Healthy Female Evaluation
24. Sports Participation Evaluation
Jane W. Ball, RN DrPH CPNP, Chief Nursing and Content O cer,Triaj, Inc, Havre de Grace, Maryland, Joyce E. Dains, DrPH JD APRN FNP BC FNAP FAANP FAAN, Professor and Executive Director, Advanced Practice;The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center,Houston, Texas, John A. Flynn, MD, MBA, MEd, Professor of Medicine;The University of Chicago,Chicago, Illinois, Barry S. Solomon, MD, MPH, Professor of Pediatrics,Chief, Division of General Pediatrics;Assistant Dean for Medical Student A airs,The Johns Hopkins University,School of Medicine,Baltimore, Maryland, Rosalyn W. Stewart, MD, MS, MBA, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics;The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine,Baltimore, Maryland and Frances Donovan Monahan, PhD, RN, ANEF, Consultant in Nursing Education, Vero Beach, FL, USA