Medical Insurance Online for Health Insurance Today, 7th Edition
Help your students master the complexities of health insurance with this dynamic online course! Corresponding to the chapters in Beik’s Health Insurance Today, 7th Edition, Medical Insurance Online provides hands-on practice with completing both paper and electronic claim forms. Eighteen learning modules include short instructional segments followed by application activities based on medical records from real-life case studies. Students will review basics such as claims management and the types of health insurance, and gain experience in skills including diagnostic coding, procedural coding, HCPCS coding, and extracting information from a patient’s chart. MIO prepares students for successful careers as health insurance professionals!
- Interactive exercises and activities provide frequent opportunities to recall and recognize medical insurance concepts.
- Claims completion activities help you understand how crucial completing a clean claim form is for both the patient and the medical office.
- Gradable quizzes and exams provide you with proof of mastery and highlight areas which may require further study.
- Reading references connect this online course with the Health Insurance Today textbook, providing practice with applying the book’s concepts.
- NEW! Thorough module updates address all health insurance topics, including key topics such as Medicare and electronic health records.
- NEW! Gradable case studies connect the text’s concepts to real-world scenarios.
- NEW! Designed to meet all Level A and AA checkpoints of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
1. The Origins of Health Insurance
2. Tools of the Trade: A Career as a Health (Medical) Insurance Professional
3. The Legal and Ethical Side of Medical Insurance
4. Types and Sources of Health Insurance
5. Claim Submission Methods
6. Traditional Fee-for-Service/Private Plans
7. Unraveling the Mysteries of Managed Care
8. Understanding Medicaid
9. Conquering Medicare’s Challenges
10. Military Carriers
11. Miscellaneous Carriers: Workers’ Compensation and Disability Insurance
12. Diagnostic Coding
13. Procedural, Evaluation and Management, and HCPCS Coding
14. The Patient
15. Keys to Successful Claims Management
16. The Role of Computers in Health Insurance
17. Reimbursement Procedures: Getting Paid
18. Hospital Billing and the UB-04
Janet I. Beik, AA, BA, MEd, Southeastern Community College (retired), Administrative Instructor, Medical Assistant Program, West Burlington, Iowa and Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assisting Program Instructor, Health Navigator Program Director, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
This product is available in the following formats: