White paper: Preparing for the Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Faculty Resource Manual
Authors: Donna D. Ignatavicius MS, RN, CNE, CNEcl, ANEF, FAADN
Linda Silvestri PhD, RN, FAAN
The Next Generation NCLEX (NGN) will test students’ ability to think like a nurse and introduce new item types to ensure they have the skills and knowledge they need to make sound clinical judgments. To help faculty prepare for this exam change, our leading NGN experts have you covered with our latest faculty resource manual.
Learn the essentials to fully prepare you and your program for the changes to come from NGN leaders Donna Ignatavicius and Linda Silvestri, including an analysis of the NGN and the greater emphasis on clinical judgment, steps to integrate NGN into your classroom, and resources to support NGN integration. Faculty will also receive tips on how to write unfolding case studies, an in-depth look at the new NGN item types, and test-taking strategies to share with students.
White paper highlights
- Research shows the decreased ability of new nursing graduates to make safe clinical decisions
- Clinical judgment is critically important for nursing practice
- New AACN Essentials integrate clinical judgment across the ten new domains
- LPNs/LVNs make clinical judgments within the scope of their practice
- National League for Nursing identifies nursing judgment as an essential nursing practice competency